Friday, June 26, 2015

DIY CREATIVES Self-Care - Walnut Scrub

Back-in-the-day my sister and I would take more time from our usual beauty rituals. In preparation for the weekend we would mask, wax, scrub, oil, condition and listen to music with a loud base. Since becoming a mother of seven I don't quite have that kind of time. 


I've been slowly rekindling that love for natural beauty and the only difference is that I keep it super-simple. This recipe has two ingredients and can be kept in the shower. I use it daily until it's all gone.


Try not to fill the grinder up because the oils from the walnut will cause it to clog.
  • 1/2 Cup Walnuts (or flaxseed)
  • 2-3 Tbsp Honey (local organic)
  • 1 Mason jar to mix & store
The best part is combining it all together. It's so fun and messy, which brings out the little girl in me. Honestly I don't know why I waited so long to play with my food again.


It will be extremely gooey but you want to make sure that you incorporate all of the honey into the ground walnuts. When you're ready to use rub it over a moist face in an upward circular motion. You can leave it on for a few and then rinse it off. Showers work best for this messy concoction. *Remember you can substitute flaxseed if you're allergic.  


Speaking of little girls... look who wanted to try it out. Since it was made by me and all natural I didn't mind. PEACE be the Journey.


Sister's and my vlog, Please subscribe.



Please Subscribe

Add your email <3

the Creative Boost YouTube Channel

the Creative Boost Facebook Page

Zumba with Ho'o & Paish 


Techie Info

Subject: Self-Care

Annotations App: A+ Signature

Camera: iPad mini & iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment