Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Creative Boost for New Years #3 [De-Clutter]

This isn't a typical ritual but it's become part of my, "Out with the old and in with the New" mantra which consists of cleaning out my email accounts. Yes you heard a plural and I meant to type account"s" because I have several.

I actually assumed that everyone uses email but was shocked to find out that it isn't the case. People like Donald Trump mentioned not using it on the Wendy Williams show. http://youtu.be/ot1WdObaTDk
I would like "NOT" to have emails because that would be one less thing to clean out but until then... I'm stuck. Everyone I know uses email and every business I know requires it. Sounds like a conundrum.

Besides cleaning out email my family and I participate in a ceremony called Winter Moon that started with the McCloud family on the Nisqually reservation. (It has passed on to Joyce & Mack McCloud with Nisqually/Puyallup heritage.)
It's a two day event during winter solstice and is a gathering of food, family and gifts. We've participated in this tradition for nine years and watched our children grow with every celebration.
Sometimes we try to see what shape the flames will take on by snapping random pictures. What do you think this looks like?

WHAT'S THE CONNECTION BETWEEN EMAILS & CEREMONY? (You might ask.)
Both deal with looking back and clearing the clutter. Traditions, like Winter Moon, can help you to  reflect and heal. They're extremely important and just as relevant today as they were years ago. I've noticed less and less individuals taking care of their emotional wellbeing. Just because you can't see your feelings doesn't make it unimportant. 

CREATIVE BOOST TO CLEARING EMAIL & EMOTIONAL CLUTTER🌞🌚
Our #1 Tip is to do it on a regular basis. When you feel it, face it. Ignoring email or past hurts will build up a snowball of bitterness and pain. You might not feel it right away but it will come. 

"Cheers" to your new year! 🎉🎈🎊




No comments:

Post a Comment