Monday, February 23, 2015

Do schools kill creativity? By Sir Ken Robinson #YouInspireMe

That title, "Do schools kill creativity" was the biggest catalyst for me. It felt good that an intellectual from a very formal and prestigious background posed this question. In fact it got me hooked on Ted Talks and I subscribed to their YouTube channel.   

If you haven't seen it then you're in luck, I've included it into this post. Now I adore teachers, some of my dearest friends are educators but they face a problem. They're no longer measured by how they inspire life long learners but by test. How many children pass a rudimentary examination and how well they score. What would happen if we empowered teachers?


This is Sir Ken Robinson's 2006 Ted Talk



His 2010 follow-up, "Bring on the learning revolution!"

If you haven't had the chance like us on Facebook and follow our blog please do, I'm sure that together WE can make a difference. #YouInspireME #hoomalamalama [to enlighten] 

No comments:

Post a Comment